I hope you agree with me when I say:
Peter Barlow left a gift for astronomers.
Anyone acquainted with astronomy knows where the term ‘Barlow’ has been derived from. A Barlow lens is the kind of astronomy accessory you never get tired of. Not only does it give an additional boost to your magnification, but it also does great wonders for the clarity of the picture as well.
We do advise you to be aware of the conditions of using a Barlow lens, and the correct procedures for stacking. Think you don’t know enough? We’ve got you covered. Check out our FAQs where we tackle such questions.
Right now, with the emergence of new astronomy brands, it is definitely a difficult task to find your perfect pick. That’s why we’re here. After thorough research, we bring to you our Barlow lens reviews with highlighted specs and features. With the help of these, you’ll find the Best Barlow Lens in no time.
Things to consider before buying Barlow lenses:
- Focal length with usage requirements: The distance from the lens to the focal plane or point where the eyepiece or camera would go. It also means the length of the telescope, the point from where the image is viewed to the point where it is formed. A good focal point is essential in forming a clear image.
- Check for chromatic aberration: Confirm if there’s a problem or flaw in optic lenses where there is fringing of colour, that is the lens is unable to focus all the colours on a singular plane.
- Learn how to insert a Barlow lens: To insert a Barlow lens with a telescope, you remove the eyepiece from the telescope first. In its place attach the Barlow lens and then insert the eyepiece into the Barlow.
Best Barlow Lenses 2021
Here are our top picks for the best Barlow lenses.
|Celestron 93428 3x Barlow Lens||10/10 (Editor's Choice)|
|Orion 5x 4-Element Barlow Lens||9.5/10|
|Celestron Omni 2X Barlow Lens||9.5/10|
|Astromania 3X Barlow Lens for Telescope||9/10|
|SVBONY 2X Barlow Lens Telescope Eyepiece||9/10|
|GSO 2" 2x ED Barlow Lens # GS22B||8.5/10|
|✅Barrel accepts 1.25’ filters||❌None found|
|✅ Brass compression ring|
|✅ Works with diagonals|
|✅ Threaded for filters||❌ Slightly expensive|
|✅ Great magnification|
|✅ Sturdy and robust|
|✅Blackened lens||❌ Smaller image|
|✅ Multi-color coated|
|✅Enhances quality of images|
|✅Sturdy aluminum stock||❌ Focus problems on telescopes|
|✅ 3-Element apochromatic lens||❌ Only one locking knob|
|✅Provides 15 times more clarity|
|✅Multi-coated optics||❌Noticeable aberration|
|✅ Affordable||❌ Inadequate threading|
|✅Great Magnification||❌Slight aberration|
|✅ Cheap||❌ No special feature|
Ready to upgrade your telescope eyepiece? Go to Amazon for the freshest deals!
- 10 Best Telescopes Under $2000 in 2021 【Reviewed】 - October 25, 2021
- Best Telescope for Under 500 in Canada 【Reviewed 2021】 - October 24, 2021
- 5 Best 8×42 Binoculars 2021 【For Birding & Hunting】 - October 19, 2021